1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Please don't be too mad at me (Fender Pbass A/E content)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jazzcat, May 29, 2011.

1. Jazzcat

Jazzcat

Jan 20, 2009
    Titusville, FL
    ...but I snatched up a second Fender Pbass A/E. :hyper::hyper::hyper:

This one has the OEM electronics, and I think it sounds great. It provides excellent isolation and blending capability between the piezo and P-bass style pickups, much like my A/E an upgraded piezo and Bart preamp. The OEM piezo sounded a little clankier to me, but that does not put me off - I love clank from a bass! Also the burst has I nice set of roundwounds on it, which would give it a clankier sound than the tapewounds on my natural A/E. Regardless, the tone blending capability of the A/E lets you take the clank out if that's not your bag. This is a wonderful, lightweight, versatile bass.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Great basses. The sound of piezos alone wasn't ideal for me with the stock buffer, but the coolness factor is through the roof. Blending, as you mentioned, sounds good. I briefly owned a natural...I probably would've kept it if it had five strings. Enjoy!