Please don't kill me - Suggest some guitar pickups for my Godin SD

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Marcus, Dec 24, 2005.

1. I'm looking for some relatively hot pickups for my Godin SD in the following sizes: 2 single coils and one humbucker.

I'm just now getting into guitar more and find that the stock electronics are a little too woofy for the sound I'm looking for in my head. It just sounds a little too dark and I would prefer a bit more clarity.
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I used to have a godin sd bass. mm

lets seee... seymour duncans?
  3. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Seymour Duncan, the JB's are nice humbuckers. I put JB jr. Rails in my MIM Strat and the sound great,but I don't know if you want Stat sized (meaning single coil sized) humbuckers which these are. They make several different single coil pups also. I've used DiMarzio, they are good. I like the Seymour's better.
  4. Seymour Duncan all the way, use their tone finder thing as a guide.
  5. Well, this is how the Godin looks, for those who're wondering about the pickup sizes I'm looking for:

So, two single-coil strat style for the neck, and mid positions, and a bridge humbucker... I'm going to look into Seymour Duncan more.
  6. If you're looking for clarity, you don't want something like JB. You want something with a lower output, PAF style, like a Seymour Duncan Seth Lover.

Although resistance doesn't necessarily equate to output, you can use it as a general guideline. Something under 8k.
  7. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I'll buy that, the JB's are "hot" pick ups.