1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Please don't kill me - Suggest some guitar pickups for my Godin SD

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Marcus, Dec 24, 2005.

1. I'm looking for some relatively hot pickups for my Godin SD in the following sizes: 2 single coils and one humbucker.

I'm just now getting into guitar more and find that the stock electronics are a little too woofy for the sound I'm looking for in my head. It just sounds a little too dark and I would prefer a bit more clarity.

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I used to have a godin sd bass. mm

lets seee... seymour duncans?

3. AxtoOx

AxtoOx Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Seymour Duncan, the JB's are nice humbuckers. I put JB jr. Rails in my MIM Strat and the sound great,but I don't know if you want Stat sized (meaning single coil sized) humbuckers which these are. They make several different single coil pups also. I've used DiMarzio, they are good. I like the Seymour's better.

4. Seymour Duncan all the way, use their tone finder thing as a guide.

5. Well, this is how the Godin looks, for those who're wondering about the pickup sizes I'm looking for:

[​IMG]

So, two single-coil strat style for the neck, and mid positions, and a bridge humbucker... I'm going to look into Seymour Duncan more.

6. If you're looking for clarity, you don't want something like JB. You want something with a lower output, PAF style, like a Seymour Duncan Seth Lover.

Although resistance doesn't necessarily equate to output, you can use it as a general guideline. Something under 8k.

7. AxtoOx

AxtoOx Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I'll buy that, the JB's are "hot" pick ups.