Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Please Don't Shoot The Newbie!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by blujax01, Dec 6, 2005.

1. blujax01

blujax01

Nov 16, 2005
    OK, I've searched the forums as requested by the Mods. I would like to know if there is an instruction manual for an Ibanez SR800. I bought mine used as a first bass and have figured out that one knob is volume. The other three feel as though they have a "zero" position and go both ways from there. It seems to me a bass with that many knobs would have something available to show optimum setups for different sounds (like a PA head). Ibanez website is no help. :bawl:
    Is there such a thing available or do I just muddle my way through, not knowing the full capability of this instrument until I happen on to it?

Yeah, I'm a techie, I need manuals... :p

Thanks Folks.

2. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    BANG!
    ok, i don't know anything about this bass, but if it is passive and has 2 pickups, i would venture to guess one knob is volume, another is pickup panning and the third is tone.. but i guess the Ibanez cats will be here soon to answer for sure... good luck!

3. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Did you check the Ibanez website? They may have manuals in PDF form that you can download..

Just a thought...

4. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    it's an active bass, forget what i said, i am just a dumb bass player :bassist:

5. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    If I had to guess I'd say Main Volume, Blend, Bass and treble boost/cut

6. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
  7. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I don't have a manual for you,but my guess is Volume,Pan,Treble, and bass if it's active if it's a 2 band preamp.

8. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Sorry, we all replied at the same time. looks like you have an answer. I'll crawl back in my hole now.

9. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    i was the first monkey to find the wiring diagram! I get the banana! :hyper:

ps, you have 4 knobs, but two should be stacked pots, according to Ibanez- take a look, it's all there...

10. blujax01

blujax01

Nov 16, 2005
    That's the thing, they're not stacked. Ibanez only shows diagrams etc., for their current listings. Also, the layout of the knobs is different than those shown. I was hoping they had archives.
    Heck, if you go to Shure, they have download manuals for the old "Vocalsmasher"!

Thanks are in order anyway. I didn't find those and maybe they give me enough of an idea to figger it out!

*Cab Callaway.. Everybody Eats When They Come To My House

11. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Heh. That swiss watch manufacturer, Schäfhauser or how it's called, has all their watch parts back to 1896 IIRC :eek:

One must be volume. "Zero-position" = Center detent?
    Then the next behind the volume is the balance (aka pan) pot. If you open up the control cavity, you'll see the balance pot has two rows of legs. Then the other two should be treble and bass - if you turn them, you'll get less or more of it, should be easy to figure out.

Good luck!

12. marcopalla

marcopalla

Aug 31, 2005
  13. very nice basses. :p *points to his sig*

14. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    if it has the same setup as my SR885, the knobs are as follows

Top left, closest to strings: Blend
    Below that one: Volume
    Bottom right- bass boost/cut, and mine has stacked treble on it also