1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Please fix the talkbass app!

Discussion in 'TalkBass Mobile App Support' started by shawshank72, Oct 6, 2013.

1. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    My world is in chaos, there is no order, not knowing if im coming or going. Please....... The update to the talkbass app made it unusable. I go on talkbass 80% of the time on the app using my ipod.
    This is not a good thing.
    Please correct the balance of the universe.
    Sincerely
    Steve

2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    The TB mobile app is having issues, apparently. Please simply use "Tapatalk" to access TalkBass via your mobile device. You'll find the interface similar, as the TB branded mobile app is developed by Tapatalk.

3. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    thank you

4. nutdog

nutdog when I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    Yesterday I couldn't use the app. It said "updating" with the spinning gear. I closed and opened and it froze on the opening screen with the spinning gear. Both ipad2 and iphone4s ios7. Deleted and reloaded. Took a long time to log in but it worked. Everything was red and white.

Today it works but it's blue and white on both devices.

5. It still isn't working for me, hasn't done a darn thing since the update. :(

6. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    Mine is finally working now.

7. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    don't fix it i'll get yelled at if there is another 299 dollar phone bill

8. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    Someone has a problem haha

9. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    It's completely erratic. about 75% of the time it won't load at all, then occasionally (like now) it works fine. Very odd.

10. gerryjazzman

gerryjazzman Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2006
    New Jersey
    Tried the "out of the box Tapatalk" app that Paul suggested above on my iPhone and iPAD. Seems to work pretty well. Guessing there are just bugs in the TB customization code, but frankly the plane jane app seems to work well enough that I'm not seeing a compelling reason to NEED the customizations. Tapatalk appears to work fine for the time being.