Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Please give me opinion!!!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Rumzini, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    I finally did it...put some music up on Soundclick. Mind you this song was recorded with my Canon digital camera that was hooked up to the mics from our PA. Also I had only been playing for about 4 months at the time of recording. Whad-a-ya think???

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/churchofthestonemusic.htm

2. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI

3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    After listening to Son of No Man, it sounds like your drummer needs to work on his double kick rhythm.

The singer is pretty bad, and I don't care for the guitar tones/playing. The shred guitar solo could be toned a little, it doesn't really add anything beneficial to the song. Typical metal bass, but you are pretty solid. The intro/solo on Mr. Happy could be better. Sounds like a live recording, maybe you could re-record everyones parts seperately for a better overall sound.

Needs Work, but pretty decent clips.

4. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Yes singer is bad and gone. Drummer can work on anything he wants...cuz he's gone to. Guitar is my brother in law...I would really like for him to turn down the volume and play a little less distorted. However in his defense it sounds so much better in person. He plays through Marshall and Tech 21 stacks so he has the equipment to sound great. Same with me...I have all the equipment...just need the time and practice. The opening to Mr. Happy is a lot better now...like I said at the time of recording I had only been playing 4 moths. That part used to be so hard and complicated to me now it's a breeze and I can play it a couple of different ways. Finally this was recorded with my digital camera plugged into the PA...then put onto my computer and edited with my feeble skills on my feeble program. We basically use it to get our ideas out onto media so we don;t forget them all. There ya have it...thanks for the input!!!

5. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    bump

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Wow, you're pretty desperate. ;)

Sorry, I'm not at a computer with speakers... or I would...