1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

please help and give opinions guys

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by A Minor, Nov 2, 2006.

1. ok, here's the thing. So i HAD a marcus miller jazz bass until some ass broke into my car and stole all my stuff (very traumatizing) and it sort of put me off towards bass for a while. I've been at least good 5 months without a bass and i've decided to get back into it. So i'm looking around ebay for another MM jazz and i think...why restrict myself, and i find this,http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230045708869&fromMakeTrack=true. Now corts aren't my favorite bass but i'm fairly certain this is a hell of a deal. I've done some research on the basses and i've heard nothing but good things, plus i love how it looks. But i'm a lil worried about buying something off of ebay seeing as this will be my first time. Can anybody give me any words of wisdom on their opinion of the bass as well as things to be wary of on ebay.

p.s. feel free to recommend another bass but for 225$ it'll have to be a hell of a deal.

THANKS!

2. klocwerk

klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    Don't know that model, but looks like a pretty good deal to me!

3. fullrangebass

fullrangebass

May 7, 2005
    Europe
    IMHO this is a good deal. Properly set up Cort basses have put in shame basses 5 times their value. This specific model is really a nice one indeed

4. I would buy it, looks sweet. If it sucks, you are only out $225

lowsound

5. Bass.

Bass.

Jan 23, 2006
    San Diego
    I would say go for it. Even if it does suck just mod it up you'll still probably save some cash

6. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    Going from a MM jazz to a 250$ Cort shouldn't be easy. :meh:

7. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    +1

but then again, its been 5 months since he's played bass, so he might not remember.

8. I went to the woodwinds and brasswinds today and just started grabbing different basses and EVERYTHING felt amazing, so whatever i buy i'm gonna play the hell out of it, the longer neck might take a little more getting used to, as well as figuring out the pickups. Does anybody know if it would be possible to put a J-retro preamp on one of these basses?