Please help BON PANTALON out (again!)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jasonbraatz, Oct 31, 2002.

1. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    So...i know i just asked you guys to help my band out for that everclear contest (which we didn't win :rolleyes: ) but this is the really important one!

again, you have to register, but it's just to prevent cheating (they had a band last year go around to every computer on campus and vote), not for spam so PLEASE take a few minutes and vote.

winners get subs, budweiser, a gig at Luthers Blues, a feature on a local music TV show, and studio time!!!

i honestly will be ecstatic if we make it into the next round (there are 32 bands now, next is 16, next is 8, and so on). because they picked our weakest song for the first round - so if we get past that it should be a GOOD COMPETITION.

thanks guys :D
  2. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Well... I suppose. ;)
  3. Oh, the things I do for love.....
  4. Waiting for my e-mail with a password...

That song is awesome! But I especially dig the bass line... :)

If that's one of your weak songs, I'd definitely like to hear some others...goodluck, dude!

5. By the way, is the CD out yet?
  6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    yea, that is a pretty fat song...urm, the vocals are weak,but the bass/keyboard interplay is great, and the song is together.
    so far its the best of all the songs I've been hearing in this little competition(its the only one that I've actually wanted to hear the whole thing, the others were boring after a minute) I'll most likely vote for it(but to be fair, I'm going to listen to all the songs, and make an accurate vote)...but so far your way ahead of hte competition :D

eidt: you guys are going to be fine...most of these acts are not that great, you guys probably only have like 2 or 3 acts to maybe be worried about, I easily see you guys winning, you've got my vote for sure. good luck
  7. yea nice song! the singer???? I'll vote for your band....most of the other bands just sounded weak to me!

8. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    the vocals are why that's the weak tune. we did it in one take and it's kind of a strange timbre for him to do - too light and whatnot. it'll be better on the CD but we had to rush it.
  9. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Dude you have my vote...Good Luck...:D
  10. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA
    well, if it helps I voted for you, along with a couple of bands that I'm working for

someone mentioned you'll probably win....I agree talent wise you guys are clearly there as winners (Adam's keyboard solo alone is probably the best musical moment in the contest) however from my experience in watching this contest last year the majority of people voting here locally are rock fans and it will likely be down to 3-4 rock/punk bands

not fair but then again the majority of venues in this town favor the type of music we are doing Jason, (funk/jazz etc) and theres getting to be fewer and fewer rock clubs in town for the rock bands to do their thing in

you and your brother really have great interplay between the two of you, I noticed it in Ryan's band and I see it here too....I think if you guys stick together with that (*can't see any reason why you wouldn't, after all you ARE family) I think you'll go far
  11. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    thanks man. i don't think we'll win either, but if we make it a few rounds in i will be very happy.

and you're right, it all works out in the long run. i think the rock fans are the ones more likely to vote in stuff like this, but it's the hot sorority chicks who want to dance that change a bands draw from 50 on a good night to packing luthers. and since all the bands who can really draw in madison are funk type stuff, i think we'll be ok ;)
  12. I voted for you.

The interplay between the band is very cool, although the singer sure seems to know how to emphasize those "in between notes.";)