1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Please help! Can´t decide which 4x10 cab!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tomdabass, Jun 1, 2004.

1. tomdabass

tomdabass

Apr 19, 2004
    Hey out there!
    At the monent I play a 1x15 combo (Warwick), but I do not like the sound for slapping and fingerstyle. The speaker is just to muddy.
    Now I would like to buy me a 4x10 cab with a high frequency horn. The problem is I just can not decide which brand??? I need an alround cab that can handle funk rock jazz and fusion.
    Can you help me to choose one?? I tought of the fender 410h enclosure. but i am not sure. BTW it shoundn´t be too expensive!!

thanks!!!

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Try a GK RBH.

3. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    I'm not sure what 'too expensive' is to you, but I'd go for eden. I love mine and they're LOUD :bassist:

4. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    Ampeg SVT410HLF

5. I am not familiar with your combo but can it give enough power to a 4x10 cab?

I would recommend pairing it up with a real nice 2x10 cab instead. You could end up spending less money and getting a better sound.

6. tomdabass

tomdabass

Apr 19, 2004
    I was planing to buy a new amp and a 4x10 box.
    I don´t know the prices in the usa but in europe the 4x10 cabs are all around 600€. The choice of a good head is also a problem. I don´t have much experiences with cabs. I always used combos. So now I am switching and need some good advice. THX

7. Ok I see now. Carry on.

8. Trace Elliot 1048H.
    Refuses to break either up or down. :)
    But, I don't know if anyone still has one standing around in stock, otherwise you'll have to buy used.

EZ

9. tomdabass

tomdabass

Apr 19, 2004
    I decided to buy an Ampeg B-2R amp. What do you think, should I take two SVT 2X10HE cabs or just one SVT 4X10HE cab??
    If I take the two 2x10 cabs I´ll have the full power of the amp (350watts) at 4 ohms. With the 4x10 I´ll only get 200 watts. The problem is that I like 4 x10 cabs very much, so what should I do??? Please help!

10. hetsscaryguy

hetsscaryguy

May 22, 2004
    Ireland
    just for your information about buying that ampeg, dont buy it from a European retailer, buy it on www.music123.com if you buy it from a european retailer you will get ripped off. on music 123 you can get that for about $550 (€450) the cheapest i can find it in europe is €820 and that is with a good discount but still even if you pay full duties on the amp with shipping from the US and a heavy duty power converter it will still only come to about €650-€680. just thought id let yu know that, i dont know if that will help you.

11. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith

Sep 9, 2001
    If your doing a lot of slapping along with fingerstyle, and gigging often, then one of my favorite rigs for that situation would be a GK800RB head with an Eden 2x10 cab & Eden 1x15 cab stack. You'd be set forever.
    Get a 6 space rack for that GK head right away. Then down the road, you can add a rack mount tuner and be DONE. :cool: