Please help diagnose buzzing

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Groove*Rocket, Jul 8, 2001.

1. Hi all,

I have a buzz problem that has me perplexed:

The buzz occurs without the bass (or cable) plugged-in, so I'll leave that out. First in line is an Ashdown RPM-1 pre-amp with the effects send linked to the analog input of an Eventide Eclipse processor. The analog output of the Eclipse goes to the effects return on the Ashdown, which then send its output to a Stewart World 2.1 power amp. There is no buzz when I run the Ashodown without the Eclipse, when I run the Eclipse without the Ashdown (direct into Eclipse then to Stewart World), and when I put the Eclipse in the front of the chain, prior to the Ashdown. I haveswapped my cables and they don't seem to be the source of the buzz. One final point is that there appears to be a substantial boost in the signal returned from the processor. I have tried to drop the output gain on the processor to match the output of the Ashdown alone. This diminishes the buzz, but it is still there.

Please let me know what you think.

2. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    Either the effects send signal is too hot or there is a problem with the loop in the preamp. Can you pad the effects send signal by reducing the the input gain?
  3. I assume you mean reduce input gain in the processor?