Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Please help: Eden WT400-Barely audible through input jack

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Walbodiddy, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Hi, All.

My beloved Eden WT400 recently sprouted a rather frustrating glitch: when running through the front input jack, even at full volume on the bass, the output through the cab is barely audible. If I run through the Aux in or Effects Return, levels are normal. The Gain setting for the input jack still seems to have an effect but full gain is a whisper so it's a bit hard to tell if there really is any change at lower levels.

I have run the bass through another amp and the amp through another cab and checked all cables; all works as expected, so it's not a problem with the bass, cab, or cabling.

Any fixes, suggestions, or commiseration will be greatly appreciated.

-Seth

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    well i have to bring mine in for the same problem
    you could try replacing the preamp tube 1st
    that didnt work for me - i got 2 answers from eden, one guy told me to get some electronics cleaner, spray it on my cable and plug it in and out of the input jack a million times
    the other guy told me i probably had a bad input transistor
    fortunately for us we can run our amps without the tube and still use the eq by going into the effects return jack

3. You did check the active/passive pad switch didn't you? Make sure it's pushed in. Also dead battery in an active bass will put a damper on you signal. I know it sounds like a dumb question, but I have seen ( and done ) dumber.

John

4. Yep, I've replaced all the batteries in my bass and toggled the input pad multiple times (to relieve frustration, mostly). Thanks for mentioning the obvious, though, it does tend to solve most problems. :)

I've suspected since the beginning that it may be the preamp tube; guess I'll try that next.

Thanks for the help so far.

-Seth