Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Please Help...having a problem with my acoustic fretless.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by mr. eff, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Well I bought this bass today(Apllause a/e fretless, and was changing the strings. The little plastic piece that raises the string from the bridge slipped out, and I didn't see what way it went in. The riser(not sure what its called) is a little taller on one side. Should the taller side be under the "G" string, or the "E" string? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. High side goes under the G string, okay!

This keeps the string height even on acoustics!

[​IMG]
    Treena

3. Thats the way I ended putting it back on but i still hear this little buzz...and its fretless!:bawl:

4. Actually, it's the opposite. The E string has to be higher above the fingerboard than the G string. Maybe you misunderstood the question, Treena. :)

5. You are wrong, it goes under G.... the high side!

I have an acoustic bass and you are just plain wrong!

Here's the bridge, and it gets larger under the G string, I'm ceratin, I have the bass!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Treena

6. Treena, you mean the G string have higher action than the E? Or maybe I misunderstood the question... :confused:

7. No, the piece of bone, that fits into the bridge, is higher on the G string side then on the E string side.

I believe this helps off set the string height but, it's not the same on all my ABG.

I have noticed, that this is different, from each acoustic manufacturer.:meh:

Now I'm getting confused here. :eek:

I have a Martin ABG, a Guild ABG and I own 2 Martin acoustic 6 strings. The bridge bone seems be raised on the G string side on both the basses but not the 6 strings.....:confused:

[​IMG]

Anyone else care to contribute to my mess?

[​IMG]
    Treena

8. See this bridge.:meh:

Higher on the G string side.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Treena