1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Please help I.D. a bass in a YouTube vid...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Slater, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone.

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I've been trying to I.D. the bass in the video linked below with no luck.

(Warning: This video starts as a slap-bass & drum performance. Then becomes a slap instructional video. And finally, it's Japanese. Not that there's anything wrong with any of those things, but some people won't have the patience to watch a foreign language slap video.)

I just stumbled onto this video on YouTube, and I'm much more interested in the bass than the video. I'm trying to I.D. the bass in the instructional part of the video.

The headstock comes into decent view around the 6:30, 6:55, and 7:15 marks of the video, but I still can't make out the writing.

I'm guessing that it's a Japanese bass, but I really don't know.

I just think it's a pretty cool 24-fret Jazz-style bass with a Warwickish style bridge. :cool:

A big Thanks in advance to anyone that views the video and helps with an I.D. :)

2. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
  3. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007
    She can slap my...

Nevermind.

4. Slater

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Much thanks Doctor J! :)

I see by your sig. you're quite the Bacchus fan. :bassist:

5. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Cheers for linking the vid, I really enjoyed it. She kicks my ass at slap, that's for sure :D

Yeah, I've been a Bacchus convert for a while now, sold on my Lakland, Sadowsky, Fender, Rickenbacker and more. Whatever of theirs that I've played has just worked for me instantly. Her tone is pretty similar to what my Standard 5 can do, so you get the gist ;)

6. Are the LEDs options or the owner's custom mods?

Oddly enough, the slap lesson at the end of that is better than many others I've seen despite the fact that I can't understand a word she says.

7. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    They're all entirely made by hand so you can have whatever you want.

8. Slater

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    She has several vids on the atossinternational YouTube channel. There are all kinds of instuctional vids there, and some other interesting vids as well.

9. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Oh yeah? I am there! :ninja:

10. Oh yeah! Watching some of that stuff was the best 30 minutes of my day.

11. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Looks like the whole band are putting out an instructional DVD. The drummer's video is particularly hilarious. Mad as a box of frogs, but she can play for sure.

Even though I have no real idea why some of the stuff is happening, I can't take my eyes off it :p

12. Nicolay3535

Nicolay3535 Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2010
    South Florida
    Wow i'm in love!

13. Yeah. I don't know who these chicks are, but I'm digging 'em.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 9, 2021