1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Please help ID this bass (not a wishnevsky!)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rockandroller, Jun 3, 2003.

1. Can anybody here identify the maker? It looks vaguely familiar, but i can't place it... :meh:

[​IMG]

thanks!

2. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    That's a Ritter.

3. ah - headstock does looks Ritter! but i thought Ritter only made nice basses... :confused:

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Look at the bolts-Ritter is the only luthier I know of that will use so many that the neck joint contains more metal than wood.

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    On another note, I have always thought of Ritter basses as absolutely gorgeous (despite disliking the joint). There's something so ornately beautiful about them; they seem very European and decadent to me. If I were rich I would purchase a bunch of them just for show.

6. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Actually, I quite like this bass - it looks very organic, a bit like a smoothed and stained lump of driftwood you might find on a beach.

It reminds me of the Spanish architect Gaudi's work - such as Casa Mila in Barcelona:

[​IMG]

Wulf

7. Yet another awesome Ritter that makes me even sadder that I will never get to own one.:(