Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Please help ID this bass (not a wishnevsky!)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rockandroller, Jun 3, 2003.

1. Can anybody here identify the maker? It looks vaguely familiar, but i can't place it... :meh:

[​IMG]

thanks!

2. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    That's a Ritter.

3. ah - headstock does looks Ritter! but i thought Ritter only made nice basses... :confused:

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Look at the bolts-Ritter is the only luthier I know of that will use so many that the neck joint contains more metal than wood.

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    On another note, I have always thought of Ritter basses as absolutely gorgeous (despite disliking the joint). There's something so ornately beautiful about them; they seem very European and decadent to me. If I were rich I would purchase a bunch of them just for show.

6. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Actually, I quite like this bass - it looks very organic, a bit like a smoothed and stained lump of driftwood you might find on a beach.

It reminds me of the Spanish architect Gaudi's work - such as Casa Mila in Barcelona:

[​IMG]

Wulf

7. Yet another awesome Ritter that makes me even sadder that I will never get to own one.:(