Please help ID this bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wild Bill, May 2, 2004.

1. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    Ryan from the band The Distillers was playing this bass when I saw them with the Bronx a while back and I was wondering if anyone recognizes it.
  2. dmaki

Apr 29, 2000
    Reminds me of a Fender Jaguar. At first I thought it may have been a modified one, but the shape isn't right...
  3. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Yeah, it's obviously the pick guard and electronics from a jaguar...maybe just retrofitted to some odd ball bass?
  4. I would say contact them but they have no email address...
    And the only bass mentioned is a Fender MIA Pbass
  5. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Screw the bass...I wanna know where he got that shirt! What is that? An "Old Spice" t-shirt? SWEEEEET! :p
  6. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I like his technique. :meh:
  7. Maybe an old Sears/Wards catalog bass? Looks like he bought his clothes there as well! Hahaha!
  8. Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    Warwick bridge, kind of looks like an old Framus, but their site doesn't have it. :confused:
  9. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I noticed the shape kind of looked like a stretched out corvette.
  10. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    Hisa shirt says "Spirit of India", and I dont think its a modded bass, the body reminds me of a danelectro/jaguar. Thanks for all your input so far.
  11. jello

Apr 13, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    The guard can't be straight Jag. Notice it has a bit of extra coverage sticking out into the lower horn that the original jag didn't have since there wasn't really a horn to deal with at all.
  12. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    Heres another shot
  13. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    The headstock kinda looks like a Gibson firebird head but thinner, he does play gibsons so it may be one.
  14. jm1

Nov 12, 2003
    Maybe it's a Frankenstein bass :bag:
  15. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    Found some more pics, sorry for being so determined.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
  16. I know that it is a guitar that he moded with a new neck plus brigde, because look at the pickups, they have six string pickups (dont know what to call them)
  17. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    I cant tell if theyre jazz pickups or guitar pickups, cause jazz pickups have 8 magnets on them.
  18. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Doesn't the word CUSTOM says anything to you folks????

19. good point.
    it's probably a fender custom shop, i mean, come on, remember tye zamora's (AAF) custom shop fender?
    this one looks exactly like a fender jaguar, only with an extended lower horn.