1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Please help ID this Hofner!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by evilmutantducks, Jun 26, 2012.

1. So I was wandering the depths of craigslist an came upon this Hofner CT Violin Bass in my area. To my surprise it was listed ridiculously cheap! I inquired about it, just to make sure that it was a CT and not an ICON or some other model. When I asked him about it I didn't get a response about the model, so my excitement was slightly tempered. Needless to say I trust the opinions of those on this board much more then some random on craigslist...

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/msg/3101815889.html

2. Bassguy61

Bassguy61

Feb 28, 2008
    Pearl, MS
    Thinking that's an Icon. I had a CT, and if memory serves, the logo on them is gold not silver. Also had binding around the headstock that I don't think the Icon does. Also, CT has a Zero Fret. Based on those pics, and memory, I'm voting Icon.

3. PaulBoyer

PaulBoyer Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 27, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Icon. Notice the wide "ears" to the pickup mounts. The CT and German made Höfners have the smaller mounts.

4. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    I clicked on this thread and the bottom bar on the monitor says:

Please help ID this Ho...

5. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    It's definately a Ignition or Icon.

TD