Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Please help identify this amp.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bboy, Feb 29, 2004.

1. bboy

bboy

Feb 23, 2004
    I was looking for a suitable practise amp when I came across this. Its second hand and the price suits me. Its described as a "Marshall micro bass stack", but I cant find any info on them. Can anyone help identify it and tell me if its any good. :help:

Thanks.

2. well, to me that looks like a marshall mini stack for the guitar, i don't know about them making it for bass, i know marshall makes bass amps though, so maybe, but I don't think thats the case here.

Charlie

3. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Harmony Central has one in the amp database.

4. ole Jason

ole Jason Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    I think that's a guitar amp

5. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Although they did make one for guitar, they also made one for bass that had a single 10" in each cab. I believe the head was 100 watts. Can't tell from the pic which amp that is.

6. bboy

bboy

Feb 23, 2004
    It says it is pretty rare and much sought after.I`m having doubts wheter I should get it. It has an amazingly cheap price but I will have to get it shipped so if its a guitar amp I`m screwed.

7. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I do believe that Marshall made a bass version. If it arrives and it is the guitar one, you can always resell it...they bring a pretty nice buck on the used market (check eBay).

8. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Isn't there someone at the store who can give you a visual verification of which version it is? "Marshall Bass Micro-stack" sounds like the correct name as I recall. I don't know where they'd get that if it didn't say it on the amp itself.