1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Please help identify this late 80s Ibanez...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PsychoG, Jul 21, 2012.

1. PsychoG

PsychoG

May 21, 2011
    Tampa, Florida
    [​IMG]

Anyone have any idea what this bass might be? It is for sale online and the owner claims not to know what model it is and of course didn't take a picture of the headstock. What is known is that it is (supposedly) a late 80s Ibanez of some sort that was purchased in a pawn shop for around $300 (as if that means anything).

Yeah, I know there isn't much to go on, but I'm hoping maybe someone recognizes this body style.

Thanks in advance,
    Greg

2. PsychoG

PsychoG

May 21, 2011
    Tampa, Florida
    I was able to get the owner to send me a shot of the headstock and it turns out to be a Gio of some sort, so I'll probably not pursue it. Would still be interested in knowing the model if anyone has any ideas.

3. number11

number11

Jun 17, 2010
    Looks like a GS200

4. On my older (Korean made) SR500, all the info you'll ever need is on the back of the headstock. Same with both of my newer imported basses of other brands.

When asking sellers for details, good clear pictures from back there is what you want to ask for, in many cases.

5. PsychoG

PsychoG

May 21, 2011
    Tampa, Florida
    Good point. The photo of the front was virtually useless! Thanks.

6. PsychoG

PsychoG

May 21, 2011
    Tampa, Florida
    It does resemble that model. I wonder if they were making it in the late 80s. Or, for that matter, if the bass is actually from the late 80s. Thanks.

7. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    If it's a GSR200, it was NOT made in the '80's. That model started around 1999.