1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Please, help identifying this Peavey bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kikegg, May 27, 2012.

1. Kikegg

Kikegg

Mar 3, 2011
    Madrid, Spain
    This bass belongs to a friend of mine. He does not know which model is... It looks like a Grind model but its neck is bolted.:confused:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any clue?

Thanks in advance.

2. lird12

lird12

Mar 14, 2012
    That my friend is the beautiful Peavey Cirrus! great bass!

3. Muziekschuur

Muziekschuur

May 25, 2009
    Stavenisse
    Awesome awesome awesome.... Peavey makes some serious bassguitars and amps..

4. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    No, it's not. It has the same basic shape as the Cirrus, but many of the Peavey models do. The pickups, EQ, and hardware are wrong for the Cirrus. The closest thing it looks like is a Grind (http://peavey.com/products/instrume...dex.cfm/item/787/Grind(TM) Bass 4-String.html), but Grinds are neck-through, and the hardware isn't right, nor is the tuner placement on the headstock.

To be honest, it looks like a cheap copy of a Peavey.

5. Kikegg

Kikegg

Mar 3, 2011
    Madrid, Spain
    Thanks all, it seems to be the Peavey C4, aka Zephyr. The passive version of the Cirrus.

6. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

You stumped me...

This may be a limited run european guitar. There are hints of both USA and Asian on it.

7. smcd

smcd

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Stumped me too.

8. Kikegg

Kikegg

Mar 3, 2011
    Madrid, Spain
    The bass has nothing stamped, neither a sticker with a "Made in xxxx", nothing. A guy from a spanish forum identified it as he have had one.

You can take it a look at www.peavey-eu.com

http://www.peavey-eu.com/index.php?#product/5/76

or if the link above does not work, just search for "C4" and after no results message is shown, use the "Try the product support search..." link and then the "C-Series bolt-neck".

S!