1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Please Help! in identifying these Fender JAzz Pickups please see pics

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by lgmab, Sep 4, 2017.

1. lgmab

lgmab

Sep 4, 2017
    Please Help! in identifying these Fender JAzz Pickups please see pics, I traded with someone who claimed that tyhese are vintage Fender Jazz pickups:

They measure at 9.9k on ohm meter.
    Help from informed minds would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  2. They look like Mexican JB pickups to me and the output seem to be in line with that. Now "vintage" means all kind of things for people. Judging by the lack of corrosion on the poles I doubt it is anything older that 20yrs old. Definitely not 70's and even less 60's and the lead wires would be different anyway. Not knowing where it comes from I would not pay much for that. ($30 max)

Snaxster likes this.
  3. lgmab

lgmab

Sep 4, 2017
    Thanks Frenchy, I doubt very strongly that these are mexican. They are likely USA. The wiring looks vintage. Once again, I was told that these are vintage, I was wondering if anyone knows roughly what year. I doubt they are from 60's as well. Possibly 70's?

4. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Hello. Vintage 2000s or 2010s, perhaps?

Here are what I consider to be credible photos of examples of, respectively, 1965 and 1976 Fender Jazz Bass pickups, representative of vintage Fender pickups, though not pre-CBS of course:

Frenchy-Lefty likes this.
  5. nolezmaj

nolezmaj Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Europe
    Perhaps it is a misunderstanding - the pickups are not "vintage" (as in old), but "Fender Original Vintage Jazz pickups" (as name of the product).
    OrigJazz-Pickup.

6. I agree they are vintage reissue. Not the Fender Orginal (the have the beveled poles) not the Custom Shops (they have cloth on the lead wires). If you are sure they are from a US Jazz Bass then it is from a relatively recent one. Indeed if they donc look like the picture above or even show a good amount of corrosion they can't be that old. The pickups on my 10yrs old Jazz are already more corroded than this.

nolezmaj likes this.