1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

PLEASE HELP IN PITTSBURGH

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cubanbass, Jun 10, 2012.

1. cubanbass

cubanbass Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2006
    Hoboken, NJ
    mods please move to proper sub forum if this is the wrong place. I'm just freaking out right now!!

Just finished a gig in VIRGINIA and drove to Pittsburgh. We just got to hotel and my bass was not packed and it was left at the festival. I was in a separate car. I'm playing tomorrow early afternoon and need a bass. Can you help? I'm staying Courtyard Marriott at Penn Square & playing at 10th & Liberty Ave at the pride fest early. We are the first band.

Can I borrow a bass or do you know anyone?

Best,
    Mario
    732 688 4318

2. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    USA
    Man, that sucks

I hope someone pulls through for you before the gig starts.

Maybe try asking people on Craigslist in that area also.

Are you still going to be able to get your bass from the festival? Or did someone take off with it?

3. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    And this is why when I play out of town I bring 2 basses. My backup always stays in the band truck.

4. Sharknose79

Sharknose79 UNPAID greenboy/fEARful endorser Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2011
    South Cackalacky
    I have nothing to disclose at this time.
    Pittsburgh ends with an H.

Good luck wth you gigh.

5. georgestrings

georgestrings Inactive

Nov 5, 2005
    Best of luck - I know I'd hook you up if you were anywhere near Syracuse...

- georgestrings

6. cubanbass

Feb 1, 2006
    Hoboken, NJ
    We reached out to the festival in Virginia about my bass. I'm hoping the stage manager or sound guy got it. I hope someone did not take off with it. Right now it's my only bass... I sold my my backup to cover expenses when my wife & I had our baby.

Thanks! Man I was not even thinking of spelling. It was 2am and I was shaking like a leaf. I am so mad at myself!!!

7. cubanbass

Feb 1, 2006
    Hoboken, NJ
    Thanks bro! We will get to Syracuse sometime and I'll give you a holler!! I'm hoping Talkbass comes through.

8. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    USA
    Where at in Virginia?

I'm in Virginia myself. I hope so too for your sake that its okay and will be there waiting for you when you return.

I'm not sure what part of VA but if it's reasonably close to me I'd be happy to help out.

I've also got a few cousins that I'm pretty sure are attending some kinda pride function this weekend somewhere. But I'd assume they've already been on their way by now.

9. cubanbass

Feb 1, 2006
    Hoboken, NJ
    We played Celebrate Fairfax in Fairfax, VA. We are waiting to hear back from the organizers. I really hope it's not lost.

10. cubanbass

Feb 1, 2006
    Hoboken, NJ
    Fixed thread title, thanks!

11. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    USA
    Well, if I can help in any way feel free to shoot me a PM.
    I've got tons of family and friends all over NOVA.
    TB also has a DC, Maryland, VA club so even if I can't I'm sure there's someone that can.

If for any reason it does turn out to be missing please post pics and description so we can keep an eye out on Craigslist for it.

But I'm sure all is fine and it'll be there waiting for you to return. At least that the hopes.

12. cubanbass

Feb 1, 2006
    Hoboken, NJ
    Thank you so much! I'll post about my bass as soon as I hear back from the festival.

I just got a call from TBer Marc Sterling in Pittsburgh and he will try to get a bass to me for the show.

13. Mtnman

Mtnman

Jun 5, 2012
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Man, I wish I could help. I'm from Pittsburgh, but I'm out of town right now.

There are 2 Guitar Centers in town. If nobody comes through, maybe you could buy a bass for the show then return it afterwards... Not the most ethical solution, but a solution nonetheless.

14. jarrydee

jarrydee

Oct 22, 2011
    Michigan
    Thats awesome...I love this place!

15. cubanbass

Feb 1, 2006
    Hoboken, NJ
    Yeah, my drummer who knows how strapped I am actually offered to buy me a bass if my Epi is not found.

16. cubanbass

Feb 1, 2006
    Hoboken, NJ
    Still waiting on festival organizers in VA to see if anyone turned in the bass. It's a Silverburst Epi Tbird w/thundertron pickups, Hipshot Supertone bridge and Pbass style knobs. It was in an Undercover double gigbag.

b03fa928.jpg

17. BillyIVbass

BillyIVbass

Sep 24, 2008
    PA
    Gear Reviews Guitar World Online
    Sorry I'm on the other side of the state or I'd lend you something.

18. cubanbass

Feb 1, 2006
    Hoboken, NJ
    Thank you

19. Hankenstein

Hankenstein Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Piermont, New York
    Wish I could help, but I'm in NY. Hope some one comes through for you.

20. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    USA
    Well I'm on Craigslist almost daily so I'll keep my eyes open for it, make sure as soon as you know it's either gone or not to make a police report I know NOVA is great about all of the pawn shops turning in their serial numbers daily.

This is further proof that all of us bass players should have a luggage ID tag in our cases AT ALL TIMES.

I'm gonna do it today, that way if an honest person finds something they know exactly who to call.

Man she's gorgeous, I really hope you get it back.

Keep us posted, I'm curious how this turns out now. Fingers crossed and here's to hoping this ends with a happy twist.