Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Please help-Looking for an Eden rack bag!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MikeBass, Sep 7, 2004.

1. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    If this is in the wrong place then I'm sorry (and I will post this on the wanted board), BUT I'M DESPERATE!!!!!!!!!
    I'm looking for one of the small Eden rack bags that fits the smaller WT line. Like the WT330, WT400 or the WT500.
    Somebody someplace has to have one. Eden is back ordered like crazy on these and even they don't know when they will be in. From Eden: "They are back ordered right now, and we don't even have a time frame as to when we will be getting them in". Sucks huh?!?!

2. tornadobass

tornadobass Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Endorsing Artist: Black Diamond & SuperSensitive strings
    When I had a WT-300, an old laptop bag worked great. It was almost an exact fit, plus had room for cords on the outside pocket. IIRC, the Eden bag isn't a rack bag, but just a carrier. But look for a 14" deep rack bag in 2 or 3 spaces and you'll be set.

3. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    I was hopeing to score the real thing. I'm gonna go check out some bags tomorrow like laptop bags etc...
    I have it in a 2 space soft sided ProTec rack now.
    But the real thing would be nice.

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    call up Bobby G. and get an EA iAMP bag. the 500 series bag should fit it perfectly.

www.urbbob.com

guess the Focus didnt work out, eh?

5. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Ya know what Joke.....I did the A/B thingy today and when I dialed in "my sound", or at least what I dig on the Focus, and then plugged into my TT330, it was pretty damn close to what I was used to. (You'll always sound like "you"-ya dig?!?!)
    The Focus was just that, a little tighter sounding, more focused if you will. And my Time Traveler was a little warmer more "tube-y" without a tube.
    So, sell/trade in my 330 plus at least $500 to save some weight and not really have that big of a difference in sound?
    Not now at least, plus I love my TT330 and it only weighs in at 13lbs. I know it's not 4(!!), but it's not that bad if I get it out of it's current rack.

6. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Would you consider a small hard case? I use a SKB 1516 small mixer case for my WT-550 - it's a perfect fit, with about an inch and a half foam all around the amp.

7. Maestro4Bass

Maestro4Bass

Jun 5, 2001
    Newark D.E
    You might want to checkout Mesa Boogie's small bass amp/rack bag, your WT330 will fit in it.

8. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    The Walkabout head is a little smaller than my 330. But I sent an e-mail to Mesa asking about the size of the bag.
    Thanks a ton. This may do the trick!!

9. Do NOT do this. I learned the hard way that it won't fit a WT330.

In other news, anybody want to buy a brand new Mesa Walkabout bag?

10. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Well, thanks for the warning!!
    I did find a place that has a few-Bass Central in Florida.
    $75 shipped.
    But I stopped by Low Down Sound today and the GAVE me a Ampeg PortaBass gig bag!! :D

It's actually wider than my WT330, but it was FREE!!! :hyper:
    So, All I have to do is fill out the inch and a half on either side of the amp and it's a perfect fit. Nothing a little foam in the right spots wouldn't take care of, AND I'm still $75 heavier!!

I did find out though that the Eden bag only serves as a carrying case. You still have to pull the amp out to use it. I thought it was a small rack with removable front and back.