Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

*please* Help me Build *please*

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dosshiz, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Dosshiz

Dosshiz

Apr 20, 2005
    :help: :help: :help:
    I was recently told to look on here for info on how to build a cab, after looknig through the first 6 pages and giving up i decided to join to beg for some assistance...

Could someone much more knowledgeable than myself please direct me to either a site or thread that gives as simple as can be instructions on building a cab, not like step by steb but like the layout, the wiring, the reccomended speakers to buy and all that nastyness.

I am kind of a poor *** and being that i am moving out soon to a new state i will have lots and lots of free time so i thought doing something constructive would be good, so ANY HELP AT ALL would be vastly appreciated

many thanks in advance!!

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
  3. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Yep Kelly's right. Cab building is great but it's much more involved than smacking a speaker into a wooden rectangle.

The first step is to whittle down the variables and determine what you want. There are just too many alternative cab configurations to be able to come up with a one-size-fits-all cab.

Once you've got that worked out, then we get into the scientific nitty gritty, speaker selection etc. At this point most people realise they're not going to save any money and go buy something pre-made. Some of us go ahead and build anyway.