Please help me choose a cab!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mrtreacle, Jun 18, 2003.

1. mrtreacle

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Here's the deal.

I currently own a GK 800RB and love it. I now need to buy a cab and I need a little experience from you guys to help me decide.

I definitely want to go with Ampeg cabs, I am used to playing through them and I love the sound. I play rock and for me nothing compares to Ampeg. I have been using a borrowed SVT-810E and while I love it, I don't want to lug this huge behemoth of an amp around to gigs. So heres' my other options.

What are your experiences with the SVT-610HLF? Can it move air? I'm not expecting it to be an 810, but is it still good enough for 1500 seater venues? Also, what are your thoughts on coupling the SVT-410HLF with the SVT-15E? Basically, either of these setups are easier for me to transport, but I don't want to compromise sound.

Any experince you guys have is appreciated. I have to buy the cab in the next few weeks for an upcoming 2 month tour.

2. In all honesty, most people will tell you that the 610hlf will give you better tone than the 810. I'm one of those people. You'll get much better lows for sure from the 610. That much, I know.