Please help me choose...Roger or Rob??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rickreyn, Mar 22, 2003.

1. rickreyn

rickreyn Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    Which will be the very best investment I can make? I know both will sound superb. On the left, Sadowsky PJ5 with reverse P. On the right, neck thru Elrick with burled front and back and five piece neck. Wenge fingerboard, maple neck. Rest ash. Soaps.

2. i REALLY like the look of that elrick...that'd be MY choice.
  3. Well, seeing how I love white jazz basses and Sadowskys are basically the kings of jazz basses, I'd get the Sadowsky. However, it isnt my choice.
  4. I've always been a sucker for a classy lookin' Jazz or P bodies. That Sadowsky is a beaut.
  5. S A D O W S K Y all the way, baby.
  6. rickreyn

rickreyn Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
  7. I should clarify something:

I love my Sadowsky bases, two of them, and the the Sadowsky guitars I have. I've played many different brands of bass and afterward thank goodness I have my Sadowsky instruments.

However, I have never played an Elrick.
  8. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    The Elrick would be my choice also Rick. I've never played one but it's a work of art! Nothing personal Roger, IMO the Sadowsky is just an over priced Fender.:eek:
  9. JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    Buy the Elrick and let ME buy the Sadowsky!;)
  10. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    SADOWSKY!!! Did you hear that? :)
  11. Sadowsky. MMM. Prettiest basses ever.
  12. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    I would say Sadowsky too. Anything made in the Fender style seems to retain a high value forever. Look at some of the Japanese Fender knock offs from the 70's. People will pay up to $300 for certain ones. A comparable bass of that era and manufacture would be lucky to sell for $75.00. The Elrick is very nice but Fender style stuff seems to be timeless in both appearance and top dollar selling ability.

13. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    That Elrick looks very tasty...:D
  14. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    Why, Sadowsky of course!
  15. Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    I haven't tried any of these basses but I urge you to consider a Sadowsky Modern 24 fret 5 string:bassist:
  16. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    ELrick...definantly, just on looks :D
  17. Amethska

Jan 27, 2003
    NJ, USA
    That Elrick is beautiful , and I'm sure it sounds just as nice. I'd definitely go for that.
  18. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    Since the operative word is investment, I'd go with Sadowsky as it's resale won't drop like a brick.

On the flip side, I'd rather have the Elrick if I wasn't going for an "investment", rather, an instrument.
  19. I've played both. The Elrick is a great loking bass, but IMO, there is no contest - I'd take the Sadowsky.