1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Please, Help me decide if this is a good deal

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jtc_hunter, Apr 20, 2009.

1. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
  2. Well for one thing I don't think it will continue to gain value per say...

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    That's true, but that is the one and only negative thing I can think of about that deal. Those old Dyna-basses have a killer reputation, and if the condition is actually as good as the seller claims, it's a very decent price, which you could probably make back without much difficulty if you don't like the bass.

4. A lot of people say that the Dynabasses are awesome basses and I believe it. The Foundation is the passive version of the Dynabass and they're great too.

5. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Dynabasses are great; $300 for a fiver in good condition with a case and a practice amp is a great deal.

6. Linkert

Linkert Guest

Oct 24, 2006
    Buying a bass without trying it? Can you actually do that?

7. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston
    Don't know if it will gain in value, but that seems like a sweet deal. Those basses have a great reputation , even if they don't command premium prices.

If you keep it in that same condition, I can't see it ever depreciating any more, so you shouldn't lose.

If I wanted a 5'er I'd grab that one.

8. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Well, sure. Was that a serious question? Besides, the website he linked was Craigslist, which is mostly used for local transactions, so if he's local to it then he can easily try it before buying.

9. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    Yes its local;)