1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

please help me find a second cabinet to pair with a Bergantino HT112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rob_the_bassist, Apr 7, 2009.

1. hey,

the HT112 is fantastic on its own, but sometimes for smaller gigs its really a pain to lug around my campus (which is hilly and you have to walk everywhere).

what would be a nice cabinet to pair with the HT112?

i'm looking for an extremely transparent sound, and am open to 10 inch or 12 inch cabinets. generally the lighter the better since i have to carry it around :)

i currently run a Little Mark II amp and a Sadowsky NYC bass guitar / upright double bass. i'd be playing jazz with this cabinet alone (on my upright bass), and I would couple this cab with my HT112 for gigs with my funk band (four person band: guitarist, singer, drummer, me (bassist)).

thank you in advance!

2. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I posted in your other thread before I saw this one. I'd definitely start with the Berg EX112 (same as what you have, minus the tweeter).

3. haha sorry about that! i just read your post. i've been thinking about the EX for quite some time, but I really would like to get something ultra light for me to use as a standalone cab during jazz gigs. its no party lugging around a 40lb cab across a pretty decently large campus.

would a single 110 work? like the schroeder mini 10+? or should i look for a really light 210 or 212?

do they make the EX112 in some light version?

thanks in advance

4. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    Mark Bass New York 121 maybe? Very easy to lug about if that's important to you. It may mismatch with the Berg but at least it'll match your head!

And do yourself a favour and get some kind of folding cart to lug your cab around with.

5. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Get a small handcard like the Kart-a-Bag Concord III and be happy. Lugging a 30 pound cab across campus by hand is not that much more pleasant than a 40 pounder.

and +1 to the EX. Use your HT with the cart, with your head on top, for a VERY easy schlep and great sound on smaller gigs. Add the EX for larger ones. IMO!

6. after searching around i really think an EA wizzy 10 would be a nice option...would that work well with my bergantino HT112 and little mark ii amp?

EDIT: woops! sorry i didn't see the other posts. i've been using a cart for a while but there are many stairs and hills around the school. plus i have jazz rehearsal about a 10 minute walk away a few times a week so i was looking for something i can just grab n go