Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

please help me find an amp....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KSDbass, Jun 22, 2005.

1. KSDbass

KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    atlanta
    ok, so I've got about350-400 bucks, and I don't know what kind of amp to get. SO, I'm looking for one around 350-400 bucks, 300-500 watts, and a horn(attenuator would be nice, but if it doesn't its okay).I looked at the behringer BA210 and the BA410, but someone reffered to them as beware-inger, and said they sound bad, and it's hard to argue with a word like that. so are they really that bad? thanks alot for all the help

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I find Berhinger stuff very noisy whe I've played em, as in they hiss and hum, but if you don't mind that and you don't mind that all their stuff is a cheap copy of something else, go ahead and get one. As a much better alternative, I suggest you save a bit more and get an Avatar 212 and their special deal on the Ashdown head. I think it comes out to about $600, but it will be all you need. Or find something good used. Used, look for a Peavey Firebass 700

3. I'd say you'd have to save a bit more if you're going to buy something new. $400 will get you about 100watts w/1x15 speaker, but not much more.

Try looking at Musiciansfriend.com, just to get an idea of prices.

Good luck.

Mike ;)

4. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Killer Deal right here (no this is not mine) ---> Click Me!

5. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    As long as it doesn't go for more than that... But you are going to have to spend $300 on cabs too. Avatar 212 would work nicely.

6. KSDbass

KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    atlanta
    thats where I got the prices from