please help me find an amp....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KSDbass, Jun 22, 2005.

1. KSDbass

KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    atlanta
    ok, so I've got about350-400 bucks, and I don't know what kind of amp to get. SO, I'm looking for one around 350-400 bucks, 300-500 watts, and a horn(attenuator would be nice, but if it doesn't its okay).I looked at the behringer BA210 and the BA410, but someone reffered to them as beware-inger, and said they sound bad, and it's hard to argue with a word like that. so are they really that bad? thanks alot for all the help

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I find Berhinger stuff very noisy whe I've played em, as in they hiss and hum, but if you don't mind that and you don't mind that all their stuff is a cheap copy of something else, go ahead and get one. As a much better alternative, I suggest you save a bit more and get an Avatar 212 and their special deal on the Ashdown head. I think it comes out to about $600, but it will be all you need. Or find something good used. Used, look for a Peavey Firebass 700

3. I'd say you'd have to save a bit more if you're going to buy something new. $400 will get you about 100watts w/1x15 speaker, but not much more.

Try looking at Musiciansfriend.com, just to get an idea of prices.

Good luck.

Mike ;)

4. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Killer Deal right here (no this is not mine) ---> Click Me!

5. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    As long as it doesn't go for more than that... But you are going to have to spend $300 on cabs too. Avatar 212 would work nicely.

6. KSDbass

KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    atlanta
    thats where I got the prices from