Please help me ID a Warwick!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SlavaF, Jun 1, 2003.

1. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Ok. I played a 4 string Warwick at a music store yesterday, and saw the price to be $1599 (CAD). I played it, and it was sweeet! Then, I noticed that it had a maple body I think, looked like a wenge fingerboard, 4 knobs (I believe hardware was gold) and it was a Streamer shape. In addition to this, it was neck-through. All the evidence points to a Streamer Stage 1, but that thing is DAMN expensive (retail of over $3000 US). It was in good shape, so I don't think that it was so terribly beat up that it was so cheap.

What I'm asking is, is that some old and discontinued Warwick, or is it a Streamer Stage 1 and should I cry because I am so broke right now?:D

Thanks for the help... I am really curious.:)
  2. Sounds like a Streamer to me as well...I have a Streamer 1 with PJ's and a Streamer 2 with JJ's...

Good Luck!

3. If it had P and J pups there's a good possibility that it was a Stage 1. Maple neck-through is a fairly good indicator as well.
  4. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    maybe its just used, but in good condition. Used prices are usually considerably lower, even if the quality is still really good.
  5. Dr.SixString

Apr 30, 2002
    I have 3 Streamers,
    -Stage1-6 string
    -Stage1-4 string
    -LX6 6 string:D:D

your description matches exactly to my old (1990) stage 1 four string, it has a factory built EMG's (p/j) and MECs 2 band preamp (4 knobs, separate battery compartment) later they switched to the 3 band active pre amp with 3 single knobs (vol/bal/mid) and 1 double knob (bass/treble).
  6. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    It's a Stage 1. It's both a wonderful and horrible thing that they go down in value from new to used. Wonderful because you can get a SWEEEEEEEET bass for $1599 CDN
  7. There are definitely some good deals to be had lately. I found a brand new Infinity 2000LTD for just a hair over $2000 CDN last month. Woot! Congrats on a great find.
  8. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Wow! Who knew... I'll look out for more deals like this in the future! I can't buy this one, though, as I'd have to cancel a vacation ticket!:( :bawl: Then again, it's a 4 string. And... that's just not enough for me!:D

Who wants to come down to Edmonton and get a Streamer Stage 1 in very good condition for just over $1000US?

(There is, of course, a fee for anybody that chooses to follow this advice:D)

Thanks for the help.:)
  9. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB

Oh yeah, speaking of which, I don't believe the knobs were doubled. So this Warwick must be pretty old. Played like butter... I'll just keep dreaming.:D