1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Please help me ID these strings!

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by RBrownBass, Oct 5, 2008.

1. RBrownBass

RBrownBass Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    They came on a used Azola Vintage Baby Bass (so probably not stock), and I have no idea what they are. They have a lot of sustain and mwah (they're almost twangy, to be honest), the silk is black on each end of all four strings, and the barrel at the end has no hole- it's solid. They are more flexible than Helicore Orch Meds, if my finger memory is accurate. That's all the info I can provide. Thanks for any help!

2. Most probably the special custom light gauge LaBella RC610 set the azolas used to put on their basses years ago.
    They now put Helicore Hybrids I think.

3. RBrownBass

Aug 22, 2004
    Thanks!

BTW- The end barrels I mentioned as being solid are solid, but I went back and looked at them again. They have a peculiar look to them, like they once had a hole which was filled by a smaller barrel. If the extra info helps you or anyone else to ID these strings, I'd be grateful.

4. Franswa, you're like a god damn blood hound!
    Amazing!

5. RBrownBass

Aug 22, 2004
    Thanks again. I didn't mean to imply earlier that I didn't trust your judgement- I figured that the new info I gave in my last post might make some difference if you'd known it earlier. I'll give the Helicore Orch Med or Lights a try- I thought they had enough sustain on my AUB for my purposes, and I don't expect they'd have less on the Azola.