Please help me identify my new Fender

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ckulasekere, Feb 8, 2006.

1. I purchased a bass last night and on the headstock it says Fender Precision Bass Active. It has a CNxxxxx serial number. I was wondering if anyone can help me out with this as to what it is and where its from, also it has an active/passive switch with a red LED that indictates on or off and in the back the battery covers has an opening in which one can insert a screwdriver to adjust the intensity of the preamp. Is that stock for those CN guitars or is that an after market thing. Oh and it also came with a Wilkinson fully adjustable bridge. I bouhg it because it played like butter and the combination PJ pickups sound really good and I only paid $140 US for it. Please help.
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Well, if it is playable, is active, and you like the sound, I'd say you did alright. But, as far as identifying it, it would really help to have a picture. If you could post one, maybe I (and the rest of TalkBass) could help you identify it.
  3. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Have you checked the fender site? Serial number issues are on there.
  4. hi,
    wow, thanks for the replys. i did check the CN serial and they say it is Korean made. I would love to post some pick but don't know how on this site. if someone tells me then I will do it right away
  5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Well, you were being shut out, but since I have over 10,000 posts, I have no fear of the consequences of responding to your question. This is a guess, but it's probably right. The C indicates Korea, the N represents ninety, and the first number following the N is the second number of the year. So N7 would be 1997.

Ok, guys, bring it on!
  6. OrionManMatt

Feb 17, 2004
    You can upload your photos to any number of hosting sites and use the specific url to post the picture here.

I personally use and like [url="]ImageCave[/url].
  7. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    I use when I just wanna put somethin up real fast.
  8. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Cleaned up, renamed, and put back on topic.

ckulasekere, your original thread title was like wearing a "kick me" sign.
  9. Thanks for all the responses on the fender and how to post pics, I'm looking into that right now. More importantly, why was I being shut out? If it is something that I did, I would like to know what it was? Someone please inform me as to what is going on here. I thought this was a laid back and all accepting forum. Please help me out.