1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Please help me identify these strings. Skullbusters???

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by rickwick7600, Jan 12, 2017.

1. rickwick7600

rickwick7600 Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    A luthier who recently serviced my Warwick seems have mistakenly affixed a set of strings that are not those which I provided upon submission for service. Not the end of the world, but unfortunately he can't recall the brand and I cant figure them out either. I'm certain someone here can help. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Klonk

Klonk

Apr 28, 2011
    Norway
    No idea, sorry. Ask the luthier? Are you asking because you like them, or because you hate them and want to make sure you never buy them? :)

3. rickwick7600

rickwick7600 Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    The luthier thought that I had supplied these strings (hence the mix-up; I supplied DR HiBeams) and didn't recall the brand. Again, no big deal as my DR's were still in the gig bag pouch, so I can replace them if I truly feel it's necessary. I don't hate these strings, but they're not my favorite. The loud neon green silk leads me to believe that they may be Dean Markley Misfits Skullbusters, but I'm not entirely certain. I don't think those have been in production for a while though, so hopefully I didn't mistakenly get someone else's favorite strings that they've been holding onto.... if indeed they are the Skullbusters.

4. The purple/gold ball ends and green silk should be unique enough of features on them to be able to identify.

Paging @SLaPiNFuNK ...