1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Please help me identify this!!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by sashua, Oct 26, 2009.

1. So I was walking through Macy's with the wife. I usually don't pay much attention to the music they play in that store but suddenly I found myself totally sucked in by a bass cover of "Come Together" by the Beatles.

I am fairly sure it was a solo double bass playing it but I suppose there is a small chance that it could have been a fretless electric. I am pretty sure it was just solo...maybe some light drums behind it - hard to hear over the din created by shoe shopping hags.

It ended and I figured I'd pop home and Google it....no dice.

Can anyone guide me to this sublime piece of music? It must be something fairly mainstream as I doubt that Macy's is playing rare or unobtainable performances over their p.a. system.

Help please~!

Russ

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Brian Bromberg...I mean, who else?

It's on his album Wood.

I was in Macy's a couple weeks back & heard it. Eventually, it dawned on me that every tune playing was some version of "Come Together"...I think that's Macy's new marketing/buzz phrase.
    ;)

3. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    BTW, check out Avishai Cohen's version of "Come Together"...probably a bit 'out' for the Macy's crowd.
    ;)

4. Holy stooooopidity Batman. I really should have figured this out myself because I really like Brian Bromberg.

Thanks so much for helping me out!!!

~Russ