Please help me in this...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Prime Mover, Mar 22, 2003.

1. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    On the request of Morningdove, she would like you all to pray for my brother in law, her husband. Camp PA. of the 101st Airborne was hit, turns out to be a soldier who had thrown a gernade. That is his unit. Nobody knows of yet who was injured, but she is asking for your prayer.

Please TB members, show your support. Mods, please don't close this, for I don't think this is political.

My god keep his protective hand over those who are fighting for our country.

Thank you all, and I will keep you all posted. I luv you guys dearly.
  2. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    UPDATE: He is ok...He was not part of that unit, he was on the move, but, please, keep her and her husband, as well as the other men and women in your prayers.

Thank you.
  3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I'll keep him in my prayers.

I guess I never made public the fact i'm a minister of god.

But a very different breed than those on the tv.
  4. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    Thanx Polly. ;)
  5. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    wow.. C. I hope your brother in law and family are okay. War sucks, but why argue and make enemies when we should join together in peace and support our troups who are fighting. Ill be up at the alter praying tommorow morning ;)

Polly i didn't know you were a minister.. Thats cool man. =D
  6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I'll keep them in my thoughts as well.
  7. tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    That's OK polly, most of the great ones aren't on TV.
    I just got done watching a Billy Graham ministry from several years ago, man, that guy is great! I left the baptist church years ago for a independent church, but if more of the pastors were like him, I never would have left.

If you want to know more about my church, which I am very proud of, check out our web site, I'm the webmaster of the simple web site, and if you look at the slide show on the front page, you can almost see me playing bass back there.

Here is the link

8. as a practicing christian, he'll be in my prayers. :)
  9. thank you all. that phone call i got at work totally freaked me out. our head person called me to tell me our troop was involved in that. god, the fear i went through was something i can not even explain. when they called again and told me that they have moved on and were not there, oh man. then they called back again and told me that the headquarters were a part of our unit hit and we lost one. my god, what i went through with the phone call it may be steve. what this wife and the other wives are going through right now. i never want to go through that again. my oldest was watching the news and he was messed up by the time i got home from work. i got the call at work. both kids bunked in my room last night because they did not want to be alone. my youngest spent the night trying to sleep walk. i spent half the night trying to keep him in bed and calmed down.
    i know, like you all wanted to hear this. sorry. i am still freaked and still going through so many emotions. i never want another phone call like that again.
    thank you all again. your support is so appreciated and i love you all.:)
  10. I'm atheist, I don't pray, but he'll be in my thoughts.
  11. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA

Who are those two beatuiful women in your avatar?
  12. The one on the left is Kate, the one on the right is Erin. I work with them and that photo was taken last summer when me and the girls from work (I'm the only guy at work with about 30 girls) went to the local night club.

They're both lovely, particularly Erin cos she has a hot australian accent :D
  13. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    What he said. Everyone else who is putting their life on the line is in my thoughts as well.
  14. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I'm neither atheist or theist, but my thoughts are with ALL those in the middle of this situation. I hope for a quick, peaceful, and happy resolution of this, with a minimum of lost lives for all involved parties.

I feel that this is a necessary, if unpleasant, situation, and hope it doesn't spiral out of control.
  15. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN

thought about yall when i heard...kinda weird seeing as we were there the night before...

oh yeah.. kick jerry lee till ya feel better!

that was a joke people...stop looking at me like that.
  16. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    Thinking about it :spit: Just kidding. :D
  17. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I pray to God that our troops stay safe.
    I also pray that we are doing a good thing.
  18. Amen to that, P.Aaron.

19. RAIHL

RAIHL Guest

Jul 18, 2001
    Tucson, AZ
    May God watch over all our troops and bring them home soon.
    I pray everyday for the protection of our Lord and the quick end to this conflict.