1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Please help me indentify this Carvin bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jibreel, May 4, 2010.

1. jibreel

jibreel

Apr 12, 2005
    Seattle
    What is the model and approximate age of the bass? Anyone know? It does not have a serial number.

Also, have LB70's always been neck through? This was advertized as an LB70.

Thanks much

DSC00546.

DSC00547.

DSC00548.

DSC00549.

DSC00550.

2. wake & Bass

wake & Bass Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Arden, NC
    Looks to me like a B4. Not too sure about the year though?

3. calebbarton

calebbarton

Aug 25, 2007
    Oregon
    I manufacture for several companies including but not limited to: Bridge City Sound, Catalinbread, more.
    i agree, b4 with the old style 9v active pre. might have come in one of the assembly kits that carvin does. as far as i know In 2006, the Hipshot A-Series bridge became the standard on all Carvin basses. so thats post 2006?

EDIT: ok thats not really an A style bridge after looking at the saddles a little more closely. carvin was offering the pictured saddle pieces (from some more research i did) as far back as 1998? maybe before?

4. jibreel

jibreel

Apr 12, 2005
    Seattle
    I bought this online as a whim from Daddys. They advertized it as an LB70 which is neck through I thought.

$ 395.00 shipped. So it l did I get ripped off?

I know I can return it of course because of the false description. It feel great though and my plan all along was to upgrade the electronics. Just thought I was getting a neck through.

Thanks

5. mixalot

mixalot

Jun 24, 2007
    New Orleans
    Check the jack plate. The serial number should be on there.

6. jibreel

jibreel

Apr 12, 2005
    Seattle
    No serial number. There is one on my Carvin AC50 but not this one.

7. derelicte

derelicte

Dec 25, 2007
    NJ/NYC
    i use one just like that!! i don't know the model#, but mine's fretted and natural wood

8. groooooove

groooooove Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    a no-options B4 new is $600. you decide if you got ripped off or not, IMO $400 for that bass is great bang for the buck.

9. jibreel

jibreel

Apr 12, 2005
    Seattle
    Thanks to all for your respones and thanks Bassplayer 8953 for that Carvin link.

I was just suprised getting the bolt on model when I expected the neck through.

Any of you Carvin owners care to comment on the tonal differences between the B4 bolt on and the LB70 neck through?

Thanks