1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

PLEASE help me.. need information about this Fender Bassman 412 cab:

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Terrorstorm, Apr 26, 2006.

1. hello hello..

a guy who lives near my hometown sells this Fender Bassman 4x12 cabinet for € 200. (ca. 247 $)!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so, what do you think? it's quite old, but still in good technical condition. Speakers OK...

Would it be a good deal or not? If it's a quite decent cab it would be perfect for me, because I already wanted to add a cab to my 4x10, but haven't got the money for something expencieve.

Has anyone of you played through one of these or any else improtant information...?

thanks a lot...:)

2. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada
    Greetings from the North,
    If you are running tube/valve power or your amp has a tube pre amp it should sound great. That's of course if the speakers are still in good shape. Also check to see if the wood joints are cracked because you may have to recaulk the joints with silicone. If all is in order this cab will get loud and handle a B with plenty bootey. Warning.....if all you have is a solid state amp stay away.
    Rezdog

3. hi,

THANKS for your reply, yeah, at the time I'm running a tube head, the Mesa 400+, and I'm gassing for an Orange bass head to pair up with this Fender cab. This should give me a nice vintage tone.
    This weekend I'll test it and if it's ok for my needs I'll take it.

ok, greetings and thank you

4. Silaxian

Silaxian

Dec 16, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    Just my two cents, but I also have a Mesa 400+ and it's really just a Bassman head on steroids.

5. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I wouldn't get the cab. They lack bass. In fact, they have come to be used more by guitarists than bassists, and was one of the big reasons most guitar cabs these days are 412s.

6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    My guitarist has one. It could work for bass if you go with a grindy midrangy tone, but dont expect too much bottom end from it.

7. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Mar 6, 2005
    日本/Alyeska
    If that's the cab I think it is the 12's are mounted in a really strange fashion too; in a cross shape, with all of them aimed inwards, so there is basically an uneven inverted pyramid shape to the baffle.

Kind of heavy, big and unwieldy I would think. But then again, let your ears, wallet and arms be the judge. ;)

8. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada
    Greetings,
    The Fender 412 does not lack bottom end. I still have one and I should know. If you wanna hear what one can do go to Bezhig.com click on the Music section for the 'Change Your Ways' album and give a listen to the 'Bunker' & 'Make Them Kneel' songs. If the cab couldn't go deep I would have dumped it long ago. When you hook up your tube head and try it out you'll know too.
    Rezdog