Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Please help me out

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by TheLazyBassist, Jun 4, 2005.

1. TheLazyBassist

TheLazyBassist

Jun 4, 2005
    Ohio
    my current bass is
    Cirrus™ 5 BXP by pevey

http://www.peavey.com/products/browse.cfm/action/detail/item/72752/number/00533000/cat/314/begin/1/Milestone%3F.cfm

that is the link

This cutting-edge instrument is the result of Peavey's continual dedication to the working musician. The Milestone bass is a rare combination of stunning craftsmanship and intelligent design with a reasonable price range.

The body design is both classic and elegant. The perfectly balanced body provides an intuitive feel, as if the bass is an extension of the player's body. Try one today and get ready to be amazed.

Features
    34 inch scale
    Maple neck with rosewood fretboard
    Dual-expanding truss rod with adjustment wheel
    21 frets
    8 inch radius
    Balanced, comfortable body styling with sculpted front and back, improved access neck joint
    Two single-coil, J-style pickups (hum canceling when used together)
    Stamped steel bridge
    Chrome hardware
    Two volume, master tone controls
    Case not included

--- and thats some information

now my question is.. the bottom of my bass, the bridge
    i dont understand the point in the rasing of the strings higher, and lowering and the position of the lock that holds the string in.

is there a big differnce if its high up or lower?

someone please explain, and if u can give examples of what kindof sound i would get if i do it that wait, such as would it be more of a claypool sound or a flea sound u know..
    thanks for any help recivied

The lazy bassist

2. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Ok...I'll take a stab.

When I lower the bridge or saddles it's because I want the strings closer to the pickups (increases volume w/ lighter touch) and vice versa.

Now, I'm a pretty aggressive fingerstyle bassist some times, and I also slap, so I need a little space underneath the strings....but not too much.

One of the best suggestions a fellow bassist told me was to have my bass professionally set up one time just to see how it was....unbelievable results and well worth the bucks I spent. I just told him how I played and the tone I liked, he watched me play a sample, and he dialed the rest in.

...nice Cirrus, btw

3. TheLazyBassist

TheLazyBassist

Jun 4, 2005
    Ohio
    thanks for your responce