Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Please help me pick an Acoustic Bass Guitar, (was Amazing looking basses...)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by skit_skittson, Jan 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ...well not really, but since no one would post anything on my other thread I figured I'd make another one. I'm looking for a cheap acoustic bass so I can play with friend at our downtown open mic night and so I have a bass to lug around and play whenever I feel like playing. I found some reasonably cheap ones on Ebay. One is a Copley and the other is a Michael Kelly. Has anyone had any luck or played on either of these brands? Someone please give me some advice or knowledge.

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    please keep your thread titles relevant to the thread topic.

if you're finding that a question isn't getting any response as time goes by, you can post "bump" to bump the thread back to the top, but by posting bogus titles, you generally end up pissing people off, not to mention the moderators who have to go and clean up behind you. ;)

just fyi.

btw, i'd love to help you with the thread topic, but i don't know about either of those instruments. sorry.

3. what are you looking at spending??? I played a ATK acoustic bass, it was about $200 and played and sounded great. Also the squier AEB I played sounded good.

Just alittle advise, you get what you pay for in a bass, espically acoustic basses, so if you have to spend alittle more on a nice one, you'll be better off in the long run.

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    in fact, the other thread on this topic will suffice nicely .

closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.