Please HELP me to find this bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Check out.........

http://www.robwesley.com/guitars/

[​IMG]
    Treena

2. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Treena i have that one

3. MAJOR METAL

Billy

If you find the bass i first posted i will be willing to negotiate the price lets just say i really want one.

4. MAJOR METAL

Add another pick up , frets and scroll headstock you have my bass

5. MAJOR METAL

Treena

Their is an eko like the one you want on ebay have you seen it?

6. megiddo

megiddo

Apr 5, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    Hey Major, if you ever want to sell that Univox sunburst shoot me a PM. I'm not ready to buy just yet. I share your fondness for that type of bass. I still do a nearly daily search on eBay for "violin bass" just to see what comes up. :bassist:

7. MAJOR METAL

Treena

I am looking at all the online places i know but this seems to be a hard one to find. I really was bumbed out that i didint win the bass off ebay, i lost by $5. I might be parting with the bass in december and also a schecter model t sunburst, like the telecaster bass, if you are interested.

8. Major, I haven't seen it yet, can you give me the link? (for the EKo)

I really want the same one you are looking for, I just don't know the exact model!

[​IMG]
    Treena

9. MAJOR METAL

go to ebay and typ eko bass i think it is the only one

10. megiddo, there is an all black univox 'lectra HERE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Treena

11. Thank you, I found it!

[​IMG]
    Treena

12. megiddo

megiddo

Apr 5, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    Hey Treena, that's exactly the first bass I owned. To think I traded it for a cheapo, knock off, no name, look alike Fender. :rolleyes: As soon as I get that Mesa Scout I'll be gassin for this type of bass. I wonder what it would sound like hooked up to the Mesa?

13. I have the original 1961 hofner Beatle bass and I love the tone. I have only one problem, FEEDBACK.

Everytime I try to use it on stage, I turn into my cabs and FEEDBACK, arrggg.........they
    sound great in the studio though!

[​IMG]
    Treena

14. MegaTrain

MegaTrain

Sep 8, 2003
  15. Redman

Redman

Oct 21, 2002
    Nashville TN
    Here is a 65 Kent, It was my 14th birthday present. I sold it when I was 17, 25 years, and 3 states later I found the guy I sold it to and bought it back.

16. There's a beasty much like the one you posted at Parkway Music in Clifton Park, NY (www.parkwaymusic.com). Was real cheap, but like nearly all of the el-cheapo Hofner violin copies suffered from high action, and slightly dodgy condition.
    Give 'em a call!

17. Thats the new Jay Turser Basses, they are bassically a copy of a hofner!

I have the Kent bass also. I bought it for 20 bucks back in 1973.

[​IMG]

18. MAJOR METAL

Treena

Is that jay turser the only one they had, any ideas for places i could look.

19. MAJOR METAL,
    If you go to
    http://www.univox.org/guitars/
    You can read their history which might give you tips on how to search them out!

I'm still searching all the vintage shops that I know but I can't locate any for sale!

[​IMG]
    Treena

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 24, 2022