1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Please help me to identify what BC Rich bass is this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by phillys, Mar 26, 2006.

1. phillys

phillys

Feb 4, 2006
    Malaysia
    I finally found the old pictures of my very first bass from my old archives. All I know is that it's a BC Rich, Made in LA California, USA and here's how it looks like:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm sorry about the greenish tint cause I took those pictures when my old camera's gone bonkers. About those stickers on the bass, I have already took them off. I just took out the black pickguard and I'm going to cut a custom white pickguard myself and stick in on as well as throw in a new set of strings to give it a new life(not that I hate my GSR205 already, but it would be nice to have a fun 4 string banger to work with).

I bought the bass for about $100, new so, I don't expect this bass to actually 'value' much but hey, it went through hundreds of Praise and Worship session and 4 Christian concerts. 4 years of sweat and gunk accumulated on the frets have just been cleaned out too. ;)

Help with identifying this bass would much appreciated.

2. phillys

phillys

Feb 4, 2006
    Malaysia
    Anyone got any idea?

3. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Looks to me like it is an ST-III. Go to the BC Rich forums. Those guys will know for sure. You have to register but hey, it's free! BC Rich Forums

BTW, really nice bass! :bassist:

4. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I didn't know BC Rich ever did the "traditional" look. Hmmmm...news to me!

5. phillys

phillys

Feb 4, 2006
    Malaysia
    I've registered there on their forums already and they said that it's probably some cheap junk made in China with a pretty bad pick-up. :(

This is actually the first time some one told me that it's a nice bass :)

6. picknslap

picknslap

Sep 9, 2004
    Manteca
    Isn't the ST-III a g*i*ar?