Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

please help me wire my speakons!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pgurns, Oct 3, 2005.

1. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    I just bought a QSC RMX1450 and I am using it with an Avatar B212 cab. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to work with the speakon cable. I have temporarily rigged it up using the binding posts with a 1/4 jack going to the cab. It works this way so I know the dip switches and stuff are set right (got the info from the QSC website). I searched the site and this forum and I know I need a four wire speakon and that it needs to be 1+ 2+. However I have no idea what that really means. I do have the 4 wire speakon so if any one can shed some light I would appreciate it. I'm sure it's something easy that is just not clicking for me.

Paul

BTW when I hook it up with the speakon instead of the binding posts the clip light just comes on and stays on.

2. tadawson

tadawson

Aug 24, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    Take a good close look at the plastic of the speakon right next to each of the four pins - they are labelled 1+, 1-, 2+ and 2-. They are simply telling you which of the four terminals you need to connect your two wires to - the 1+ and 2+ terminals on one end. (Which would imply that you are wanting to run the QSC bridged, correct?). And then for the cabinet, you would wire to 1+ and 1- (assuming a standard, non-biamped cabinet.) Note that this cable will NOT work if reversed end for end, so be sure to mark which end goes where . . .

If all else fails, and you can't see the markings, check out the Neutrik web site - www.neutrik.com - there are instructions and pictures there which may also help.

- Tim

3. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    Yes I am looking to run in bridged mono mode. I saw the pins labeled 1+ and 2+ just was not sure about the cab end. Now that you mentioned 1+ and 1- that makes sense and I think thats what I am missing. I'll try when I get home. Thanks for the info