please help me wire my speakons!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pgurns, Oct 3, 2005.

1. pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    I just bought a QSC RMX1450 and I am using it with an Avatar B212 cab. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to work with the speakon cable. I have temporarily rigged it up using the binding posts with a 1/4 jack going to the cab. It works this way so I know the dip switches and stuff are set right (got the info from the QSC website). I searched the site and this forum and I know I need a four wire speakon and that it needs to be 1+ 2+. However I have no idea what that really means. I do have the 4 wire speakon so if any one can shed some light I would appreciate it. I'm sure it's something easy that is just not clicking for me.

BTW when I hook it up with the speakon instead of the binding posts the clip light just comes on and stays on.
  2. tadawson

Aug 24, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    Take a good close look at the plastic of the speakon right next to each of the four pins - they are labelled 1+, 1-, 2+ and 2-. They are simply telling you which of the four terminals you need to connect your two wires to - the 1+ and 2+ terminals on one end. (Which would imply that you are wanting to run the QSC bridged, correct?). And then for the cabinet, you would wire to 1+ and 1- (assuming a standard, non-biamped cabinet.) Note that this cable will NOT work if reversed end for end, so be sure to mark which end goes where . . .

If all else fails, and you can't see the markings, check out the Neutrik web site - - there are instructions and pictures there which may also help.

- Tim
  3. pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    Yes I am looking to run in bridged mono mode. I saw the pins labeled 1+ and 2+ just was not sure about the cab end. Now that you mentioned 1+ and 1- that makes sense and I think thats what I am missing. I'll try when I get home. Thanks for the info