1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

please help me!! with AMPS+CABS

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by zznavidzz, Sep 8, 2008.

1. zznavidzz

zznavidzz

Aug 2, 2008
    UK
    i have 2 te cabs a Trace Elliot 1028H Bass Speaker Cab 2x10" & Horn - 400W and a Trace Elliot 1153T 1x15in 200W Bass Speaker Cab. What amp do i buy?? (do not want a Trace Elliot because of problems) and how powerful can it be?? i'm going to be playing in a function band doing weddings etc and need something that will cover all types of venues but how powerful can i go with my cabs?

Also how do i connect my cabs with an amp such as the AG500 (see pic), with 2 speaker outs, do i connect each cab to each connector? and is that series? or do i connect one cab and from the cab to the next cab? and is that parallel?

Sorry about all these questions its just i have never needed to go for a stack but with the new exciting job i need to cover for all types of venues, but will my cabs have the capability to deliver?

cheers guys for your help!

Attached Files:

2. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

You can connect the two cabs either directly to the amp or chained one to the other. Either way, it's a parallel connection.

That said, you have to be sure the combination of the two cabs is NOT LOWER than the minimum impedance your amp can drive.

As for whether your cabs "can deliver," only you will be able to judge that. We have no idea what your band, or your venues, will be like.

3. zznavidzz

zznavidzz

Aug 2, 2008
    UK

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    The cabs wattage rating is merely a suggested limit of the amps power. Those 2 cabs together will take the amps power, and divide it between them. So, even a 500 watt amp pushed all the way will only be slightly higher than the 200 watt cab is rated for.