1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Please help me with my project!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by slapnuts, Mar 27, 2006.

1. slapnuts

slapnuts

Aug 9, 2005
    Marietta, GA
    I am working on a project for school. It is kind of big, keep in mind, so I need a broad topic. Anyone think of any GEORGIA-RELATED bass or music things? It has to be related to Georgia, the state, not the country. I want to relate to the bass! HELP!:bassist: :eek:

2. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Google might help.

3. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Some great rythmn and blues singers are from Georgia. I think one is Otis Redding. Anyway, so many have come form Georgia that Macon, GA has the Hall of Fame for R&B singers.

James Brown is from Ga. What about Ray Charles? He wrote the achingly beautiful "Georgia on My Mind."

There have been some other notable groups from GA. The B-52s. Also, don't forget that R.E.M., including their bassist, is from GA.

Didn't Krunk develop in Atlanta?

There are other notables, but I can't think of them all right now. Wish I could help you more.

4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Collective Soul and the Allman Brothers Band, also. Might want to check out www.gamusichall.com for the Georgia Music Hall of Fame.

5. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
    Georgia Satellites "Keep Your Hands To Yourself"
    Little Feat "Oh Atlanta"

6. Bill Berry, although not in the band anymore was from Duluth, MN...i was going to say Georgia Satillites as well, as the state is right in the title :)

7. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Wasn't there something about a train? At midnight?

8. tappingtrance

tappingtrance Cooke Harvey Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2005
    Berry Oakley - what a great player weren't the Bros from Athens?

9. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Is "Marching Through Georgia" still a taboo song in those parts?

10. slapnuts

slapnuts

Aug 9, 2005
    Marietta, GA
    I tried google, FYI. I now officially hate google. It wanted to sell me a bass, a bass from georgia, but none the less it wanted to sell me something. WHY DOES GOOGLE TRY TO DO SUCH THINGS?

Peace.

11. OK - here's the plan - make a recording of all of the 52s songs played backward on your bass. That way, you'll reveal the satanic messages.

12. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Dixie Dregs
    Ray Charles
    Otis Redding

13. slapnuts

slapnuts

Aug 9, 2005
    Marietta, GA
    I had a friend who did that with a whole mess of songs. Try playing the actual whole song, "Play that Funky Music White Boy" backwards. You better believe in Heaven And Hell.