please help me

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by carealot, Apr 2, 2005.

1. carealot

Apr 2, 2005
    i have read many recommendations on new bass packages i would like to buy 1 for my 14 yr old son(5'10")beginner and would pay about 400 new less would be better financially. i want good sound for him so he will be happy for a while if poss. Product Description

Brand New Complete Fender Squire P-Bass Guitar And Johnson 75 Peak Watt Amp Package.

Perfect Gift For The Enthusiast Or Experienced Guitar Player Returning To The Guitar

Safebidding 5 Year Warranty

This Package Includes:

Fender Electric Bass Guitarwith 5 Year Warranty
    Johnson 75 Watts Peak Bass Amp
    Black Nylon Guitar Strap
    Guitar Cable
    6 Fender Picks
    Headphones (Big help for parents or neighbors)
    "Qwik Tune" Guitar Tuner (Featuring Built In Microphone, Electronic Pitch Pipe and Works With Lead, Bass & Acoustic Guitars)
    Padded Nylon Case(GigBag) With Storage Pockets
    Instructional DVD
    Bass Guitar.......The Fender Squier Affinity® P-Bass is the world’s best-selling bass because of its unmatched value. It feels good, sounds good and fits the needs of any player on a budget. With its comfortable neck, solid Alder body and classic tone, the Squier P-Bass conjures up the sound of thousands of recordings in every genre of music. Whether you’re just starting, need a bass for occasional use or just want a solid working bass that’s as easy to own as it is to play, the Fender Squier P-Bass is a natural choice.

This specially designed amplifier has the range and power for bass. It comes with a 3 band EQ.

30 Watts Consumption
    75 Watts Peak
    30 Watts RMS
    10" Woofer
    3-Band EQ With Presence Control
    Songs On The DVD Include:

Good Hearted Woman
    Old Time Rock & Roll
    That'll Be the Day
    Peaceful Easy Feeling
    Johnny B. Goode
    Kansas City
    Under My Thumb
    Addicted to Love
    Billy Jean
    She Works Hard for the Money
    La Bamba

cost is 326.23 plus 39 s&H
  2. gapupten

Dec 29, 2004
    You can probably get this, or something like it for less than $200 delivered.
    If your son is new to this, he will not know what he wants until he plays with something.
    If he likes it alot, he will want something matter what you buy.
    If he doesn't like it, whatever you buy will sit gathering dust.

Either way, why not buy something you can sell later at about the same price you paid. If you buy the items you identified. You would be lucky to get $200 if you sell.

Good luck
  3. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003