Please help me!

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by BigChief, Mar 18, 2006.

1. BigChief

Mar 18, 2006
    Is there any Software wich you can use to pick out bass tabulature from a song?

2. Unlikely. The bass parts are mixed in with everything else. Reliably isolating that is not dissimilar to removing cream from coffee once they are mixed together. The problems are governed thermodynamic laws of entropy, though applied to information theory instead of heat flow. Not impossible, but extremely difficult to do. Claude Shannon was the Einstein of Information Theory, has lots of stuff out.

Is your goal to write tab, or play bass? If its to play bass, I'd spend the time learning to play bass lines by listening to the music instead of writing tab by listening. Ear training is one of the most useful things to be proficient at in the music business.

By being good at being able to figure out bass lines just from hearing the music, I can play any song I can remember hearing well enough to remember how it goes. That's saved me from embarassment many times on stage when we've pulled a song out of thin air that we haven't rehearsed due to a request that one or two of us happen to know.

I learn songs by listening to the radio/cd's on the way to work. I just need to find out what key its in, either when I get home, or at practice. Its really convenient when you get good at it, but it takes some practice to learn. Time well spent.