Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

please help me

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by auswald, Jan 7, 2002.

1. auswald

auswald

Jan 23, 2001
    i am still a beginner at the bass and i recently got a 98' mexican standard jazz bass from this guy and when i baught it the bridge was completely messed up, the strings are a good 3/8 inch at the 20 fret and i'm not an expert but i'm pretty sure tghats not right, so if you can please help me, explain it to me as if the person your explaining it knows anything about setups on a bass, which i pretty much don't.

2. Welcome to TB Auswald!

The first thing to learn about this forum is that in it's 2½+ years of existence, nearly every question to ask has been answered. Yours is no exception. While it's very important to you (and it should be), it is the most basic of questions. Please do a search of the archives to find the 3 or 4 dozen previous discussions about setting up a bass. You will find that all of your questions (and more) can be answered by reading the previous discussions. Also, please read the post at the top of the forum. It addresses this very topic.

It's not that we don't want you to have the info or think you too young or stupid to understand. Quite the contrary, your question is basic to having an instrument that plays well and we want you to get the best answer possible.

3. Welcome to TB and the setup forum. Did you have any luck in finding some information in the previous discussions? I think there was a bridge and action lowering thread on the main setup forum page.

If what you find isn't what you are exactly after or u need some clarification on some finer points, please post up here or PM myself or hambone.

;):D

Merls