1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

please help neck

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by jag872002, Jul 4, 2012.

1. jag872002

jag872002

Jun 16, 2009
    I really want a maple on maple neck with a banana/kramer headstock. Does anyone know where i can have someone make me one. I really like the evh 5150 look, kinda want to do something like that. If someone can make one give me a rough guess price. it gonna be with birdseye maple and stainless steel frets.

I dont want a kramer neck, I want a custom neck.

2. jag872002

jag872002

Jun 16, 2009
    Anyone out there?

3. USA Custom guitars makes special necks. See their site.

4. Bruce Johnson

Bruce Johnson Commercial User

Feb 4, 2011
    Fillmore, CA
    Professional Luthier
    Built by an independent Luthier, a custom neck like that will cost you about $700 in bare wood. A one-off custom neck is a lot of work, and bird's eye maple is expensive these days. If you're willing to pay in that price range, you should be able to find someone who will make it for you.

I used to make custom necks for individuals, but I don't any more.

5. jag872002

jag872002

Jun 16, 2009
    thanks for responding, but i want something like a warmoth neck p-bass. I just want someone 2 make the paddle headstock into a kramer one.

6. Go to home depot and buy a $5.00 coping saw. I can't imagine anyone not being able to do this themselves.