1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

please help. need answer by tomorrow

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DaveThomas, Apr 8, 2009.

1. DaveThomas

DaveThomas

May 5, 2008
    so as some of you may have read, i was looking into getting a new tubed head. i decided on the v4 i was looking at and i think im picking it up tomorrow. the only thing is, he only has a guitar cab and i play bass. i was wondering if my cab could be hooked up to this head. my cab is the 4x10he; http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ampeg-B410HE-4X10-Speaker-Cabinet?sku=603088

ive always been very wary about mismatching cabs and heads... never new exactly how to pair them.. thanks alot!

2. squarewave

squarewave Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    Yes, your cab is just a regular 8 Ohm speaker cabinet. You can plug pretty much any head into it. By V4, do you mean Ampeg?

Be sure to use a speaker cable, not a guitar cord.

3. They'll go well together.

4. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    +1 on speaker cable,

You should be fine.

5. DaveThomas

DaveThomas

May 5, 2008
    ok awesome, thanks alot guys. im alwaysss crazy about double checking something like this. and yeah, by v4 i mean ampeg. i was always used to my ampeg b2-re with its limiter (helped so the speakers wouldn't blow out), so when it comes to volume, what should i be at? i should be worring about blowing them out with such a small cab, right?