1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Please help! Need feedback on Stellertone pots

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Structure5, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Structure5

Structure5

Jul 9, 2003
    Lima,OH
    I currently have a Peavey Grind 4 BXP and was wanting to upgrade either my pickups or pots for better tone control. The Grind has the stock passive pups. Has anyone used the ToneStyler pots from Stellartone? I see where they are for passive pups only and do not require any batteries. I just wanted to get feedback before I decide between going with these pots or new pups. Please help.

2. BobaFret

BobaFret

Jan 22, 2008
    I have one on order that should be installed by Monday. I'll let you know what I think. It's going into a Lakland DJ4 with the Lakland pickups.

3. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Has no one used the ToneStyler in basses yet? Or has no one simply bothered to sacrifice their thoughts on the ToneStyler in basses...

4. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    I have the since discontinued baritonestyler in a P-bass. It's not a magic knob, but you get a lot more versatility out of a tonestyler than a conventional tone knob. They're not cheap, but IMHO, I find them very useful. Think of it as a tone knob you actually use. And, you get the exact same tone each time. Three clicks down is always the same.

5. Johno Dunn

Johno Dunn Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2007
    Carpinteria, Ca.
    Bump for an update.

6. praisegig

praisegig Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Stephenville, TX
    I've got one in a jazz bass with some 62 RI pups. Like said above, it is not a miracle pot that gives you 16 different sounds from its 16 positions. The variances in tone from on click to next is so close, to my ear is hard to detect. It is nice to have the hard clicks for repeatable positions. That said, I use switch position 7, full on, and bypass, the most. So, for the money it may not be cost effective for 3 use able tone changes. I bought mine at a NAMM show just for grins, always looking for that magic tone we all look for. JMHO and YMMV.