PLEASE HELP!!!!(New bass problems)

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by metalbass101, Jan 13, 2005.

1. metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    I just got this Schecter Omen-4 bass. I made a thread giving out mini reviews a while back, this is the same bass. I got it and it is just great, it looks good sounds goof and feels good and for just it's price it's a very nice bass.

I have a big problem though I can't get it to my tuning. At first it was at E and one turn of the tuners down it is rattle city. Anyway no matter how I adjust the bridge I cant get it do to my tuning without alot of rattling. It seems that the strings are really close to the fret board and no matter how far back I raise or adjust the saddles it doesn't change.
    I was thinking of adjust the neck but I don't know how, and then I was thinking about taking the bridge off my old bass and swicthing them but I don't know. I'd really like to highten my strings and my tuning is B F# C# D. Someone please help because I really want to get this thing on my tuneing and do some more plaing with the amp. Please help.
  2. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    Read up on a few threads describing truss rod adjustments. You need to loosen it a bit to allow some relief.

3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
  4. Try a higher guage string. Or, since you start at a B on the fourth string, try the same kind of strings you'd put on a 5-string bass.
  5. metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    Forget it. I just took of all the saddles and equally raised them to 1/4" and put them back on the bridge. It's the highest I've EVER seen strings but it works and I love the bass. I am so happy that I don't have to resort to that Squier affinity. It is SUCH a relief. You can see my first real review
    about the bass here. The Schecter Omen-4 baby!!!!!!!!!