Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PLEASE HELP!!!!(New bass problems)

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by metalbass101, Jan 13, 2005.

1. metalbass101

metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    I just got this Schecter Omen-4 bass. I made a thread giving out mini reviews a while back, this is the same bass. I got it and it is just great, it looks good sounds goof and feels good and for just it's price it's a very nice bass.

I have a big problem though I can't get it to my tuning. At first it was at E and one turn of the tuners down it is rattle city. Anyway no matter how I adjust the bridge I cant get it do to my tuning without alot of rattling. It seems that the strings are really close to the fret board and no matter how far back I raise or adjust the saddles it doesn't change.
    I was thinking of adjust the neck but I don't know how, and then I was thinking about taking the bridge off my old bass and swicthing them but I don't know. I'd really like to highten my strings and my tuning is B F# C# D. Someone please help because I really want to get this thing on my tuneing and do some more plaing with the amp. Please help.

2. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    Read up on a few threads describing truss rod adjustments. You need to loosen it a bit to allow some relief.

3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
  4. Try a higher guage string. Or, since you start at a B on the fourth string, try the same kind of strings you'd put on a 5-string bass.

5. metalbass101

metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    Forget it. I just took of all the saddles and equally raised them to 1/4" and put them back on the bridge. It's the highest I've EVER seen strings but it works and I love the bass. I am so happy that I don't have to resort to that Squier affinity. It is SUCH a relief. You can see my first real review
    about the bass here. The Schecter Omen-4 baby!!!!!!!!!

http://www.bgra.net/2004/browse.php?order=DATE&type=bass&page=1