1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

PLEASE HELP!!! Tuning pegs required!!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by JetBlackRed1807, Sep 21, 2008.

1. JetBlackRed1807

JetBlackRed1807

Sep 21, 2008
    I've been looking everywhere for replacement tuning pegs for a Yamaha BB415. They are Fender-style elephant-ear pegs, but the mounting plate only has a three-screw fitting. Everywhere I've looked, I can only find ones with four-screw fittings.

Can anyone help? Or direct me to a specific Yamaha-replacement dealer?

I've also been trying to find a Hipshot Drop-D peg in similar style.

If I'm on a wild-goose chase, can anyone inform me as to whether you can just screw the four-screw fitting direct on to the headstock? Or should I continue on my quest for exact replacements?

Cheers.

2. XylemBassGuitar

XylemBassGuitar Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 14, 2008
    Durango, CO
    Owner and Operator, Xylem Handmade Basses and Guitars
    Have you called Yamaha's warranty department yet? I'd bet they would send you some replacements if you asked nicely (maybe even for free if it's a warranty issue). If that doesn't work, call the place you got the bass from and see if they have any luck getting the replacements from Yamaha.

Otherwise, you could probably use the four-hole tuners on the three-hole heastock. You'll just want to measure the specs of the replacement tuners to make sure they'll fit the bass properly.

Also, be prepared to drill new pilot holes and possbily fill the old holes if they don't all match up correctly to the replacement tuners.

You can buy direct from Hipshot's website for the drop-D tuner. They should have it on the site if they make it.

3. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    I would replace them with the HipShot ultra-lites if you have to pay for replacements. They are simply the best on the market and WILL remove any neck dive to imoprove the balance of the instrument.

4. XylemBassGuitar

XylemBassGuitar Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 14, 2008
    Durango, CO
    Owner and Operator, Xylem Handmade Basses and Guitars
    +1, the Hipshots are really nice.

5. JetBlackRed1807

JetBlackRed1807

Sep 21, 2008
    Thanks one and all - your posts have really helped cheers!!